Monday, April 28, 2008
The Plan
If all goes well, here are the travel plans:
We leave on Wednesday, April 30 (yes, less than 48 hours and our suitcases are in the closet) on the famous Delta flight 30 from New York direct to Moscow arriving on Thursday at 10:00AM which is May day (holiday) in Russia. We check into the Marriott Grand and go to the parade. We feel the key to a successful trip is to stay awake the first day and force yourself to adjust to the new zone. On Friday and Saturday, we drive to the baby home and see Annabelle. I can't wait to see how she has change. My guess is she is walking and has more teeth. In my dreams, I always picture her looking at me and saying "Where the hell have you been, I have been waiting. Let's get our of here!" Sunday will be a day of wandering around Moscow and Monday is COURT!!!!!! On Tuesday, we fly home on Delta 31 (AKA the baby flight). This flight is a lot of fun for the adopting parents. There are lots of kids on the flight and you constantly hear crying (10 hours) or see little heads popping up over the seats like gophers. The airline attendees look pretty bad after the flight.
This will be a tough trip for Jeff and I. For our first adoption, we stayed in Russia after court so when we came home, we had our son. This trip we will have court and fly home knowing we are one step closer but without our daughter.


5 Comments:

Blogger JennStar said...

And I just had the thought that perhaps we would pass each other on the streets?? When do you go back? We'll be there from the 11th of May to 17th for trip 1.
Best of luck with your trip- we are contemplating the same thing for our 2nd trip- we will leave 2 boys at home and I'm not sure how to do that for 3+ weeks!

Blogger Melissa said...

Too bad you cant hang out. You will be back before you can even get used to the time change. I know it is not as fast as you would like it, but better than nothing. congrats again. cant wait to see pics

Blogger the Horvaths said...

Hi there, Congratulations on the court date and the upcoming trip. I found your website! We are heading back to Russia on Thursday next week. Maybe we will be there when you come for your third trip? If not, I know of a ton of adoptive parents that will be there in May, we can hook you up! Have a wonderful fight, and great reunion with Annabell.

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi guys... sorry I missed your whole 2nd trip on the blog!!! Can't believe your court date is almost here!
Good luck with all the last minute things leaving the States. I am sure it isn't easy despite how excited you are to get one step closer to your daughter! We can't wait to see Tyler and his new sister soon! Best wishes! Love,Sandra,Kevin and the boys!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys... sorry I missed your whole 2nd trip on the blog!!! Can't believe your court date is almost here!
Good luck with all the last minute things leaving the States. I am sure it isn't easy despite how excited you are to get one step closer to your daughter! We can't wait to see Tyler and his new sister soon! Best wishes! Love,Sandra,Kevin and the boys!

Post a Comment

<< Home